The Super Bowl 50 is one of the greatest sporting events in the world. Specific channels will be streaming the event live. Whereas some sites will do it for free, others will require fans to pay in order to watch the game. Here are details of how you can watch Super Bowl 50 from anywhere in the world.
Why Super Bowl at 50 will not be freely available everywhere
Companies that will stream the Super Bowl 50 have already gotten into contracts with the organizers of the event. The contracts indicate that specific companies will stream the even in specific regions in the country as well as the world. This means that the streaming companies cannot breach the terms of the contract by streaming their content to areas that are not assigned to them.
It is the same thing that happens with every major sporting event. You may not access the game if you live out of the United States. Even if you are in the United States, you may only have to use specific channels related to your geographical location.
How a VPN works to overcome this
Any standard VPN service, such as HideMyAss, works to overcome the geographic restrictions that companies place on their content.
- The VPN gives you a completely free IP address. Your IP address is the most important thing when it comes to security issues. Servers can tell your location by analysing your IP address. They can then deny you access to content. A VPN gives you an IP address that matches those of any country you choose. In this case, the VPN will give you an American IP address.
- A VPN then encrypts your traffic to conceal it from anyone else. By encrypting your traffic, a VPN makes it possible for you to access nearly any site in the world, regardless of your locations. Servers cannot decrypt encrypted data. Furthermore, servers cannot block specific traffic from a VPN service. Therefore, a VPN grants you access to all content.
- However, since a VPN encrypts and re-routes your traffic, you will experience slightly reduced speeds when streaming content.
Steps to Watch Super Bowl 50
- Sign up for an excellent VPN service. You will know a good VPN service by looking at the number of servers that it has how the servers are distributed and what people say about the service.
- Install all the settings that you receive. Once you have signed up for an account with a good VPN service, you will get detailed instructions on how to configure your device to the service. In most cases, the instructions are easy to follow and you may not need to have expert knowledge for you to understand them. In any case, if you run into problems, you can always contact the customer support team.
- Choose the device that you would like to use to access the service. Many VPN services allow clients to use up to five devices for their accounts. Therefore, you can use your desktop, laptop, tablet, phone and any other device to access the internet via the VPN service.
- Download and install the NBC Sports Live App. This App is available for Android and iOS devices. You can still watch the game on your desktop or any other device. The most important things are to properly configure the VPN service and access the NBS Sports website that streams the content.
- You will then be able to watch the Super Bowl 50 from anywhere in the world. Even if you are in the United States, you will be able to watch the game from any location. The VPN bypasses the internet censorship that streaming companies put in place.
There are other ways you can use to watch Super Bowl 50. For example, you can use a Smart DNS. A Smart DNS conceals your real e-mail address and lets you to bypass all blockades to accessing any content. One problem with using the Smart DNS is that some websites now have the capability to detect Smart DNS servers. This means that you cannot be completely sure that your Smart DNS will work properly. Therefore, it is better to use a VPN to watch Super Bowl 50.