Many websites control the manner in which customers can access content. For most of such websites, the need to restrain individuals from specific regions to access content is critical. Thereof, the servers of the websites detect the IP addresses of clients and block customers who are in particular areas. However, it is possible to overcome such geographical restrictions. The basic idea is that by changing your IP address, you can fool the servers into believing that you are in a different region. Let’s get start to the guide for unblocking blocked websites:
Use a VPN for Unblocking Blocked Websites
A VPN provides the most efficient method of unblocking blocked websites. One advantage of using a VPN service to unblock blocked website is that a VPN service will make you anonymous. Nowadays, many people desire to browse the web anonymously. Since a VPN helps you to be anonymous, it is a good way of accessing content that some websites restrict.
If you want to use a VPN to unblock blocked websites, you will have to follow the following process:
- You will have to subscribe to a particular VPN service. There are many VPN services in the market. You will have to choose a service that many people use. For example, HideMyAss Pro VPN is one of the most common VPN services in the market. Many people use the service to maintain their level of privacy and anonymity.
- Once you sign up for the service, you will have to configure your device to connect to the VPN service. This is an easy process because all VPN services offer help to their customer.
- You will then choose a particular location. This means that you will choose specific servers that you will use. It is because VPN services have many servers in different countries that you can use them to bypass restrictions.
Use a Different DNS
Some websites block the content that they provide to their clients. They restrict the content in such a manner that you cannot access the sites if you are in particular regions. However, you can bypass such restrictions by using different methods. If this is the case, using a different DNS is the best for unblocking blocked websites. If you can change your DNS, you will have access to any blocked internet site. Here is a detailed description of how you can unblock blocked websites using this method of changing your DNS:
- There is a network icon in the taskbar if your device. For you to start the process, you need to right-click this icon. This will give you two options; the first one is to troubleshoot any problem that you may be experiencing when connecting to the internet. The second option is to open the network and sharing centre.
- Select the following option: Open Network and Sharing.
- A window will appear with a list of all networks. Look for your network in the window and double click it.
- A dialogue box will pop up. Change your DNS from the dialogue box via IPv4.
Use Internet Options
If the website is blocked through Internet Options, you can unblock the internet site by using the same Internet Options too. Follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Restricted Websites in the Internet Security Zone will appear, click it.
- Click on Sites.
- Clicking on Sites will display a list of blocked websites. Check if the URL of the site you want to unblock is listed.
- If it is, select the URL and unblock it by clicking on Remove.
- A prompt for confirmation will pop up, confirm the removal. This way, you will easily unblock blocked websites.
Use Proxy Servers
This is one of the best techniques for unblocking blocked websites. Proxy servers play the role of a mediator between you and the Internet. Whenever you place a request, the proxy server will accept the request and download it directly from the server before transferring the page back to you. This allows you to bypass internet filters and firewalls while browsing. As a result, you can easily bypass any restrictions placed on the Internet, including restricted access to a website via blocking. In addition to helping you access blocked websites, proxy servers protect your identity and data while online.
In conclusion, you can unblock blocked websites by using different methods. You can use a VPN service, a proxy server or even change the DNS settings on your PC. You can also change the internet settings on your PC, and this will give you access to some sites that restrict their content.