A VPN is the easiest way for you to browse the internet as an anonymous entity. A VPN usually encrypts your data before moving it from one place to another through secure tunnels. By doing this, a VPN service helps you to remain completely secure and private when you surf the internet. You can use different types of devices on a VPN service. The process of setting up your VPN service on your preferred device varies. Here is a simple guide on how you can setup a VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
The following are the basic things that you need to do to setup a VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Once your device is on, you need to get to the home screen. Move to the sections that contain apps on your device. Once you can access the apps section, select the option for settings. This is the location that you need to use to add a VPN service to your device.
- You need to get to the section that allows you to change wireless and network connections on your device for you to continue with the process. Once you get to the section, select the option for more. Under this option, you will see several options for new settings that you can add to your device. For you to add a VPN connection to your device, you have to select the option for VPN. This means that you will choose to a basic VPN service to your device when you choose this option.
- At this stage of the process, remember to tap the OK notification when you see it before you continue with the process. This is necessary because you have to change the information for locking your screen during the process.
The actual set up
At this stage of the process, you need to be careful. If you get your settings wrong, the chances are that your device will not function properly using your VPN account. Therefore, you need to manage the process carefully.
- The first thing you need to do at this stage is to use the right screen lock options under Set up Screen Lock. You can use this to get help whenever you get stuck in the course of the process. Also, remember that this option will allow you to specify the screen lock method you want to apply for PIN, Pattern, or Password only.
- The second thing you need to do at this stage is to add the actual VPN service settings on your device. Here, you need first to tap on the option that is marked, more. This option is on the upper right on the screen of your device.
- Next, you need to tap on the option for add VPN. You will then have to add the appropriate name in the Name field. At this stage, it is important for you to get in touch with the administrator of your VPN service for you to use the correct information.
- The next stage is for you to choose a VPN protocol. Here, you can choose any protocol that your service uses for the VPN network. Protocols are important because they determine how well a VPN service protects your data. Some top VPN services such as HideMyAss and Express VPN use a broad range of protocols. Therefore, when you use such VPN services, you can access more advanced level of security and privacy.
- You then need to enter all the necessary information into the relevant fields and tap SAVE to activate the VPN. At this stage of the process, you may have to tap the option for showing advanced settings and options. After that, you may have to configure some other features that depend on the VPN type you selected.
- Once you do this, you will change the way certain features of the service work. For example, you may adjust your DNS servers; DNS search domains and the forwarding routes. When you do this, you may change your location so that you can access any website in the world using your device.
In conclusion, you can successfully setup a VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 by following this procedure. The process is simple and straightforward. However, if you get into problems, you can contact your VPN administrator.