Hulu streams videos to its clients in specific regions in the world. Clients who are in the United States of America can access a broad range of movies using their accounts. However, if you are in another country, you cannot access your favourite content on Hulu. The company controls the content that it streams to its clients outside the United States. However, you can successfully access your content even when you are outside the United States. Here are the details of how to unblock Hulu outside US:
How Hulu restricts its content
Hulu servers can detect your exact location and block you from accessing movies and your other favourite television shows. Your ISP gives you a specific and recognisable IP address. If you attempt to access Hulu when you are in a different country, the servers block you from getting the content. Hulu does this because of the restrictions that it places on its content. Therefore, even if you have a Hulu account; the moment you move to a different country, you lose the ability to access the content.
2 Methods to Unblock Hulu Outside US
So let’s get start to the two easiest methods even a beginners can get to watch Hulu anywhere around the globe:
Method One: Using a Smart DNS Proxy
The best way to bypass the restrictions put on people living outside the United States from enjoying the services of Hulu is to use a Smart DNS Proxy. The proxy allows you to bypass any geo-blocking that may prevent you from watching your favourite movies on Hulu.
How does it work?
Hulu prevents people from outside the United States from watching some of its programs. DNS Proxy deceive Hulu into believing you are residing in the US by rerouting your requests for Hulu services through its proxy servers. The proxy servers of many Smart DNS Proxy services are in the United States and other countries. When you use the servers of the service in the United States, you can successfully unblock Hulu outside US. This will give you access to Hulu without any restrictions.
How to do it
- The first thing you need to do is get the DNS Smart Proxy. You can sign up for this on the website of the proxy service that you choose to use.
- When you have done this, you need to install the Smart DNS on your computer or any other device that you wish to use. You can use many devices to access Hulu; some of them include the following: smartphone, smart TV, Xbox 360, Ps4, and other boxes.
- You will then open the Smart DNS Proxy software and connect to any server that is based in the US. All Smart DNS services give their clients an extensive list of servers in different countries. Clients can then choose the servers that they want to use.
- For the next step, you will have to visit the Hulu website and log in to your account.
- If you don’t have an existing account, sign up to create a new account.
Method Two: Using special browser extensions
You can use special browser extensions to unblock Hulu outside US. First, remember that every browser has a particular extension. Therefore, you have to get a specific extension for your browser to access Hulu from anywhere in the world. For example, if you are using Opera, you have to visit the Opera store and download the specific extension.
Second, remember that a browser extension is less effective than a Smart DNS proxy server when it comes to getting help in setting up your account. However, as long as all you need is to unblock Hulu from anywhere, you may do so by using a browser extension.
How it works
- First, you need to download a specific extension for your browser. You can do this by visiting the specific store of your browser.
- Second, you need to install the extension on your browser. The extension changes the way your browser works. This makes it difficult for servers to detect your real IP address. In this case, the when you use a specific extension for your browser, Hulu servers cannot block you.
- Third, you may have to restart your browser or even the entire device.
- Lastly, you can visit the Hulu website, and you will access all the movies and other media content that you wish to watch.
In conclusion, you can unblock Hulu outside US using two methods. You can use special browser extensions or a Smart DNS service. The choice of method depends on your personal preferences.