Some websites restrict their content to specific regions in the world. If you are in some regions, you cannot access the websites. However, you can successfully unblock blocked websites on Android phones using different methods. Here is a detailed description of some of the methods that you can use to unblock blocked websites on Android.
Use a free or paid VPN service to unblock blocked websites on Android
In general, VPN services encrypt the traffic that you send when online. By doing so, the services help you to remain anonymous when you are online. They also increase your level of online security. However, this comes at a price. The encryption and tunnelling activities of VPN services reduces your internet speeds. Therefore, when using a VPN service, you will access the internet at reduced speeds.
One interesting way of unblocking blocked websites on Android phones is to use a free VPN service. Any free VPN service allows you to bypass blocked sites for free. Unlike paid VPN services, free services allow you to access content for free.
However, you need to remember that when you use a free VPN service, you will only access the basic VPN services. For example, you may not be able to connect to the service using different devices. However, when you use a paid VPN service such as HideMyAss, you may connect several devices to the internet using your VPN account.
Regardless of whether you choose to use a free or paid VPN service, you will have to use the following procedure:
- First, you will have to download the specific app of the service that you intend to use. If you intend to use a paid service, you will have to visit the website of the service and download the app. Similarly, you will have to visit the website of the free VPN service that you intend to use and download the app. This process is usually very simple and takes very little time.
- After downloading the app of the specific service that you intend to use, you will have to install the VPN app on your device. Once more, this is a simple process, and it takes very little time.
- You will then have to open the app on your device. Next, you will have to navigate to the home screen of the app. One on the home screen, you will see ‘My Apps,’ tap on it.
- Select the appropriate web browser app you are using.
- After selecting the appropriate browser, select your preferred location as the United States. There are various reasons as to why you need to select the US as your preferred location. One of them is that many VPN services have many of their servers in the United States. Therefore, you will have to choose the United States as your preferred location in order to access the servers and unblock websites.
- Select a VPN from any of the other countries listed in the VPN section. This will change the default server VPN within some minutes.
- There is an Open button on the device, tap it to gain access to the App. This will give you unrestricted access to any blocked website.
Use a Proxy server service
A proxy server approaches web servers on your behalf. For example, if you are in Asia and you intend to access a site that only streams its content in Europe, you may use a proxy server. The proxy server, which in this case has to be in Europe, contacts the website on your behalf. You can use a proxy server to unblock blocked websites using your Android phone by following this method:
- Visit Google Play Store and download the app of the specific proxy server that you need to use.
- Open the app after downloading it.
- Power up app after opening the app.
- Many proxy servers support only one browser. Therefore, you will have to install the app for the specific browser.
- After installing the browser app, you can browse any blocked websites freely.
Use a Smart DNS service
A Smart DNS works in a different manner than a VPN service. You can use a Smart DNS service overcome restrictions and gain access to blocked websites. To use any Smart DNS service, follow these effective steps:
- Click on Settings on your device.
- Open Wi-Fi.
- Press and hold your network.
- Click on Modify network from the menu that pops up.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select Static to switch your IP settings.
- Change your DNS1 and DNS2 to the ones provided for you.
- Click on Save.
In conclusion, you can use a free or paid VPN service, proxy server or Smart DNS service to unblock blocked websites on Android. Your choice depends on the amount of money that you intend to use.