A VPN service helps you to access the internet as an anonymous entity. This way, a VPN service lets you unblock all forms of geo-restricted content and bypass internet censorship. You can use different types of devices on your VPN service account. However, for you to setup VPN on iPhone 7, you have to follow specific procedures.
Setup VPN on iPhone 7
Here is a detailed description of how you can successfully setup VPN iPhone 7. To setup VPN on iPhone 7, follow these simple instructions:
- First, you must make sure that your iPhone 7 is on.
- For the second step of the process, you need to tap on the settings icon on your phone. This will give you access to a broad range of technical details of your phone.
- At this point, you need to select the option called.
- Next, select the option for VPN.
- Next, select the Add VPN Configuration.
- You may need a suggested setting to use from your network administrator. However, if you have a VPN setup on your PC, you may use that setting. As you would expect, it is easier to use the settings of the VPN on your desktop than having to get the settings from a network administrator.
- When you have successfully setup the Virtual Private Network, you can turn it on or off via Settings on your device. After this, you will be able to use your iPhone 7 on your VPN account.
Using a VPN app
You can also setup VPN on iPhone 7 using a VPN app. Using VPN app to setup VPN on iPhone 7 is one an excellent way to do it. Here is a simple outline of how you can do it:
- The first step is to sign up for an account with a VPN service provider. There are different VPN service providers, subscribe to any one that meets your requirements. Then wait for the provider to send your credentials to you. In most cases, VPN service providers send the details to their potential clients within the shortest time possible.
- For the next step, you have to download and install the app on your device. Download the app after you have the credentials. You can download it from Apple App Store or the appropriate website of the VPN provider.
- Next, you will have to launch the application after you have successfully completed the installation. Provide your login details where necessary.
- From this stage onwards, you can always log into your VPN Dashboard at any given time.
- Once you log on the dashboard, you will see a list of countries. Choose any server from these countries and connect to it. Remember that the process of selecting the server to use is very important. The server that you choose determines the IP address that you use. It also determines the websites that you can access. For example, if you want to use the VPN service to unblock Netflix outside the United States, then you will have to choose servers in the US. Similarly, if you want to access a website in the UK, you will have to choose servers that are in the UK.
- When you have connected successfully, you will access any website from anywhere in the world using your iPhone 7. This is the case because your VPN service will give you maximum protection that will allow you to browse the Internet without any fear.
Important things to remember
Here are some of the most important things to remember when setting up a VPN on your iPhone 7:
- Choose a VPN service that has strong network strength. Different VPN services have varying levels of network strength. You can judge the network strength of a VPN service by considering its number of servers. Some VPN services such as HideMyAss and Pure VPN have very high numbers of servers. Therefore, the services have strong server networks.
- You can change the way your service functions using the mobile app. Once you install your chosen VPN on your iPhone 7, you will get a special app. You can use the app to change your preferred location as well as connect to and disconnect from the service.
In conclusion, you can setup a VPN on your iPhone 7 using these steps. The process is simple and straightforward. Besides, for many VPN services, administrators are on hand to offer you help when you are setting up the service on your device.