You may find it necessary to setup a VPN on Xbox 360. The process of setting up a VPN on your Xbox 360 is hardly complex. However, there are specific things which you need to keep in mind when doing it. Carefully following the procedure usually, determines the extent to which you succeed in the entire process. Here is a detailed description of how best you can go to setting up a VPN on your Xbox 360 and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
How a VPN works
One of the basic things that you need to understand even before you attempt to set up a VPN on Xbox 360 is the manner in which a VPN works. A VPN, or virtual private network in full, is a special type of network which functions by overlapping on the ordinary global network.
You can use a VPN for very many purposes. For example, you can use a VPN purely for the purpose of staying anonymous when you are browsing the web. You can also use a VPN to access geo-restricted content. Geo-restricted content refers to media content which the streaming companies restrict the areas in which they stream the content. The need to regulate the regions in which the content is available is because the companies do not want to violate specific agreements.
Also, you can use a VPN to protect your online security. When you use a VPN, all the data that you send and receive is usually encrypted, and this means that unauthorised persons cannot access your data. Besides, governments that try to censor internet use cannot access your traffic if you are using a VPN.
Some VPN service providers that specialise in serving Xbox 360 clients
There are very many VPN service providers in the market but you should go for the best VPN. It is difficult to differentiate the service providers concerning quality, reliability and nature of services. However, one of the main things that you can use to gauge the level of reliability and efficiency of the services that the VPN service providers offer is the number of servers that the companies have. Companies that have very many servers located in different regions of the world tend to serve their customers better.
Here is a list of some of the top VPN service providers which are known for serving Xbox 360 customers well.
- HideMyAss – This is one of the most reliable VPN service providers in the market. Many Xbox 360 users regard HideMyAss as one of the best VPN service providers in the market.
- PureVPN – PureVPN is another common VPN service provider which Xbox 360 users regard as very reliable and effective.
Set up a VPN on Xbox 360
One of the most trusted methods of setting up a VPN on Xbox 360 is by sharing the VPN connection of your computer with your Xbox 360. When you use this approach, it means that you will have to make sure that your computer is on whenever you want to use the VPN network on your Xbox 360. However, when you consider the benefits that you get when sharing the VPN network of your computer with your Xbox 360, ensuring that your computer is on every time you want to use your Xbox 360 will not be a burden.
You will have to connect your Xbox to your computer system using an Ethernet connection. Once your computer is online via your VPN service provider servers, you will see that your Xbox uses the VPN connection of your computer.
A few things that you need to remember
Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you setup a VPN on Xbox 360.
- Do not forget to notify your VPN service provider that you intend to use your VPN connection on an Xbox 360.
- When you notify your VPN service provider, the company will give you the IP address of a special server which you will use in the setup process. You can get several IP addresses of different servers that you intend to use in the process of setting up a VPN on Xbox 360.
- You will have to use your VPN account username and password in the course of establishing the connection. Remember to keep this information at hand and safe. In particular, use passwords which you can remember easily and keep them safe.
When you have these requirements at hand, you can easily set up a VPN on Xbox 360 by sharing your computer VPN connection with your Xbox 360.