You can watch Netflix on your ps3 outside US. Here is a detailed explanation on how you can do this and enjoy your favorite content.
Why you need to watch Netflix on ps3 outside US
Netflix streams different content to its clients in various countries. If you are in the United States, you will access a lot of content in the form of television shows, movies and others. However, if you are out of the United States, you will not access all the shows and videos that Netflix streams. As a result, you will find it necessary to access Netflix as though you are in the United States.
Step by step guide on watching Netflix on ps3 outside US
Step 1: Getting your Netflix app
Get the Netflix app from your store. Downloading and installing the Netflix app on your device is a very simple and fast process.
Step 2: Log in your Netflix account
If you do not have a Netflix account, you can sign up for one. The process of signing up is straight forward. So, you can do it within the shortest time possible. Besides, if you are signing up for a new account, you will get a free trial period of one month.
If you already have a Netflix account, you will have to sign in. When you sign into your account, you will get the Netflix account that the company has created for your country and not that for the US clients.
Step 3: Change your DNS settings on your PS3
Changing the DNS settings on your PS3 is the most critical step in this process. Therefore, follow the following instructions carefully.
- Make sure that you are using a wireless connection.
- Go to the XMB and setting sections.
- Select the option for network settings and Internet connection.
- Press the OK option.
- Highlight the custom section.
- Move down to the DNS settings section.
- Select the option for manual DNS settings.
- For primary DNS setting option, enter the following digits: 220.127.116.11
- For the secondary DNS setting option, enter the following numbers: 18.104.22.168
- Leave all the other options and move to the section that lets you test your DNS settings.
- Let the connection test complete
- You will have successfully changed your DNS settings to watch Netflix on PS3 outside the United States.
- Please note that these settings apply when you are out of the United States, for example in the UK. Also, you need to use a wireless connection for the settings to be effective.
Step 4: Restart your PS3
After changing your primary and secondary DNS settings, you need to reboot the PS3. Once you log into your account, you will notice that you have access to Netflix US. You will then be able to access all the content that Netflix streams to its clients in the United States when you are outside the United States.
Use these steps to watch Netflix on PS3 outside US. Remember that there are very many other methods that you can use to access the content that Netflix streams to its US clients when you are not in the US. However, changing the DNS settings on your PS3 is the most convenient method.