Here is a detailed description of how you can get Netflix on Samsung Smart TV. You may find these methods important for various reasons. For example, if you are not in the United States, you may not experience all the shows and other forms of media content that Netflix streams. However, you may find it necessary to unblock Netflix from anywhere in the world and watch all the shows that the media content streaming company streams to its US clients. Therefore, you may find these methods of getting Netflix on Samsung Smart TV very useful.
Getting Netflix on Samsung Smart TV
On many occasions, you will get that the Netflix app is already installed on your Samsung Smart TV. If this is the case, then you would be done with the first step. However, in other cases, you may find that the Netflix app is not installed on your Samsung Smart TV. In that case, you will have to download the app and install it.
It is not difficult to download the Netflix app. Once you visit the Samsung app store, you will get the Netflix app among the many other different apps which Samsung makes available in its online app store. Therefore, if your model of Samsung TV does not come with a pre-installed Netflix app, simply download the app from the store and install it on your device.
You need to subscribe to Netflix for you to get their services. If you live in the United States, you have to show that you have a valid credit card. Netflix has developed specific subscription process for its clients who live in other countries in which it streams its services.
How to watch Netflix on Samsung Smart TV outside the United States
If you happen to be outside the United States, you can still watch all the programs and shows that Netflix streams to its US clients. Further, if you are in a country in which Netflix does not stream its content, you can still use any of these methods to access Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Using Smart DNS Services
A Smart DNS works by giving you a completely different IP address from your real one. You can, therefore, use a Smart DNS to unblock any site successfully in the world. However, there are cases in which many companies are working very hard to identify Smart DNS services and block all the attempts of the Smart DNS from accessing the servers of the companies.
You can follow the following steps to configure your Samsung Smart TV to access Netflix using smart DNS.
- Go to ‘network status’ on your device. You can do this by clicking on ‘menu’ and then selecting ‘network.’
- Under the category of ‘network status’ you have to choose ‘’IP setting.’ After that, select ‘DNS setting.’ You have to enter the IP address of your DNS service provider manually, therefore, make sure that you select the ‘enter manually’ option for the process to be smooth.
- Once you enter the ‘DNS number’ (the Smart DNS service provider you choose will provide you with one) you will have to restart your Smart TV. You will then access the content that Netflix streams to its clients on your Samsung Smart TV.
Using a VPN
You can also get Netflix on your Samsung Smart TV using VPN. The basic approach of using a VPN is similar to that of using a Smart DNS service. However, there are several important things about VPN that you need to remember.
- Procedurally, you have to go through the steps of changing the preferences of your TV to successfully use a VPN service to access Netflix content.
- There are very many differences between a VPN and a Smart DNS. The most basic one is that whereas a VPN encrypts your data, a Smart DNS does not encrypt your data. Data encryption makes VPNs slower than Smart DNS services but more secure.
- Therefore, you can use a DNS for getting Netflix on Samsung Smart TV.
You will have to choose which method suits you best. When choosing what to use between a Smart DNS and a VPN, you will have to consider whether you want to use the service for any other purpose as well as the amount of money that you will have to spend on the service that you choose in order to get Netflix on your Samsung Smart TV.